Re: Dumb question: How do I determine programmatically if a column is nullable?

From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com>
To: "Andreas Pflug" <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Dumb question: How do I determine programmatically if a column is nullable?
Date: 2004-01-08 02:18:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Is there a way do do it when I have some arbitrary query that returns a
result set?

In other words, I will be passed a SQL query. I don't want to have to
parse it myself.

Rather, I want to know (for the bound columns) if a column is nullable
or not.

Is the functionality available in [for example] libpq?