Re: Migrating mdw'ed MSAccess Database

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <barliant(at)duabelas(dot)net>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Migrating mdw'ed MSAccess Database
Date: 2002-08-12 11:41:24
Lists: pgadmin-support

Why do you do this?

> then read the converted database in
> PgAdmin. However, when PgAdmin starting to migrating the
> database, I got this error
> message:
>
> Creating table: DownList
>
> An error occured at: 12/08/2002 16:36:13:
> -2147217911: Record(s) cannot be read; no read permission on
> 'DownList'.
>
> Rolling back... Done.
>

> I have tried to supply the correct user + password in the
> first step of Migration Wizard, but PgAdmin then shows a
> window titled "Please Enter MS JET OLE DB Initialization
> Information" with this fields:
>
> Data Source: mydb97.db
> User Name: Anung
> Password: *****
> Provider String: <this is empty>
> Open Mode: DB_MODE_READWRITE
>
> Do I have to fill in the Provider String field? What string
> should I fill?

No, you normally don't. Unfortunately I know very little about Access
security, but could this problem be caused by pgAdmin not using the
correct MDW file (this an item on my ToDo list)?

To work round it for now, can you remove all security from your copy of
the database just whilst you migrate it?

Regards, Dave.