Re: passwords

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <acchung(at)mit(dot)edu>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: passwords
Date: 2002-06-25 07:10:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

pgAdmin doesn't authenticate the passwords, PostgreSQL does (it wouldn't
be a very secure system if any old bit of client software could
authenticate a user :-) ).

Check $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf on the server - it sounds like there is a
'trust' entry in there that is allowing you to connect.

Regards, Dave.