Re: Introduction

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "John McCawley" <jmccawley(at)worleyco(dot)com>, "Andy Kelk" <andy(at)venda(dot)com>
Cc: <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Introduction
Date: 2002-08-06 14:30:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Yes, patches are definately the nicest way (you can read the changes
easily and merge with the existing source). As with the rest of the
PostgreSQL project, context diffs are preferred. From the command line
in a repository (i.e. *not* a tarball copy) you would do:

cvs diff -c > mypatch.diff

I tend to use Wincvs myself though.

As it's a small mod, I'll handle it manually this time. I have had to
add error handling to the Form_KeyUp sub though - if you're going to
work on more patches like this (and I hope you will), it wouldn't be a
bad idea to read http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin2.php?ContentID=8 to get
an idea of how things should look (I can be overly picky sometimes :-)).

Regards, Dave.