Re: Module not found on connection

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "pct" <pct(at)AtlasWebmail(dot)com>, <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Module not found on connection
Date: 2002-08-02 22:33:43
Lists: pgadmin-support

Yes it is. The error you're getting appears to generally occur if a DLL
cannot be accessed. As it happens when you try to log on, we can fairly
safely assume that it is something to do with MDAC or the ODBC driver
(all the other bits of pgAdmin should either be loaded, or not installed
by then).

There are a number of things that can be checked:

1) Does C:\Windows\System32\psqlodbc.dll exist on your system? It should
be around 200kb iirc.

2) Can you try logging in whilst logged into XP as an Administrator?

3) Also, there used to be an MDAC checker at www.microsoft.com/data -
can you download that and check your system?

Regards, Dave.