Installation Problem

From: "Shablya, Leonid" <lshablya(at)telcordia(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Installation Problem
Date: 2003-06-16 20:49:39
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello,

My name is Leo and I work as a Database Developer for Telcordia
Technologies. I am considering migrating from Microsoft Access 2000 to
PostgreSQL DBMS. Therefore, I have been trying to download PostgreSQL and
get it working on my PC for test purposes, but I get no luck. I am running
Windows 2000 on:
Compaq PC
650 MHz
128 MB RAM
10 GB Hard Drive
Intel Pentium
I downloaded the cygwin packages and 'postgresql-7.3.2' package, but
neither work. When I open Cygwin I get an error "id: cannot find name for
user ID 17391" and on the next line "I have no name!(at)myPCname ~". Also, I
was not able to find any executable files for PostgreSQL in the
'postgresql-7.3.2' package (, such as postmaster). Please, help.

Thank You,
Leo