[pgconf-pgnext] A pointed email about talks

From: "Albin, Lloyd P" <lalbin(at)scharp(dot)org>
To: <seapug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: [pgconf-pgnext] A pointed email about talks
Date: 2012-04-16 18:30:52
Lists: seapug

Hello folks,

This year has been very difficult to get content. I am unaware of why.
That said, let me be frank. We need to increase our content or we will
have to cancel the conference.

If there are people (and I know there are) that can give presentations,
I would ask that you submit a talk. Talks, not sponsors, not attendees
are the core of the conference and without them, there is no point. I am
sure you will all agree.

I am personally aware of about 12 talks that are shoe-ins but have not
yet been submitted, but that is still not enough to get things moving.

I ask that you consider if there is any topic that you can speak on,
considering there are many consultants on this list, I know you have at
least one :).

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/ PostgreSQL Support,
Training, Professional Services and Development The PostgreSQL