Re: 7.3b1 on Mac OS X (Darwin)

From: David Wheeler <david(at)wheeler(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.3b1 on Mac OS X (Darwin)
Date: 2002-09-16 23:27:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs
On Monday, September 16, 2002, at 04:09  PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> We just got rid of the behavior you describe because it caused about a
> dozen "my cursor keys don't work in psql" complaints a month.  Now we
> hope
> it won't cause a dozen "I'm too lazy to type --without-readline"
> complaints a month. :-)

I'll bet you get both. ;-)

>>    creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1...
>>    Failed to initialize lc_time to ''
>>    ok
>
> This should be OK in the next beta.

Cool.

>> Would it be possible for the default to be that non-default
>> functions work as they did before this new feature was added?
>
> No.  But we are working on making the upgrade smoother.

Good, I look forward to seeing it. Right now I've added a bit of a hack
to my database build script to make it all work...

Regards,

David

david(at)wheeler(dot)net                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: Theory(at)jabber(dot)org