Re: BUG #3015: libpq: PQftype() on a lo type result column returns Oid of type oid instead of Oid of type lo.

From: "Unmesh Churi" <churi(at)roguewave(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #3015: libpq: PQftype() on a lo type result column returns Oid of type oid instead of Oid of type lo.
Date: 2007-02-20 23:51:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs
I guess the only option left for 8.2.x then is to PQftable() and
PQftablecol() on the result and then query the pg_attribute to figure
out the type. The penalty would be an additional server round-trip and
query execution per OID type fetched, which may be considerable.
Changing 'lo' back to the independent type for 8.3.x, will help
significantly in increasing performance and reducing complexity. Thank
you.

Unmesh