Re: Feeds Integration

From: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Subject: Re: Feeds Integration
Date: 2004-02-19 18:52:59
Lists: pgsql-www

On Feb 19, 2004, at 6:55 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> David,
>
>> I plan to move forward with a gborg and events feed. This as a nice
>> addition of the existing one (beta version on dotgeek.org).
>
> If it makes any difference, we are currently discussing the
> possibility of a
> gradual migration from GBorg to GForge. More discussion to come on
> -hackers
> and this list later.

Umh no difference to me unless you change the db schema. Even then, I
will just need to move things around in the query then I am done.

> Second, we have a reason to want to *import* and RSS feed.
> Opensourcexperts.com is ready to do PostgreSQL job listings, and they
> will
> publish them to us via RSS.

Looks like a great add on, kudos

> Can you help with this once you're done with
> our RSS export?

by all means. Parsing an existing XML feed is fairly simple©
Amazing how important and useful are XML feeds to open source projects.
I suspect that many news sites like slashdot generate a huge amount of
traffic from their XML syndication. Perhaps we might even get some of
the major sites like O'Reilly to use our feeds. Worth a try;)

All the best
David Costa
P.S. am I right assuming that all our discussions are live online on
the news list comp.db.postgresql.advocacy ?
seems so at
http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.comp.db.postgresql.advocacy/last=/
force_load=t
just curious