Windows client only psql install

From: Laura Moloney <LMoloney(at)theradex(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Windows client only psql install
Date: 2012-03-30 23:19:31
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi All,
This is my first post, so if I am doing something wrong, feel free to let me know.

1) I am looking to use psql from my remote Windows 7 desktop, connecting to a backend Postgres server at another location. I have worked extensively with Oracle and there is a client side SQLPlus tool that can be installed for remote access. It is unclear to me how I can get psql only code to install on my desktop. I found in sourceforge an old download of 7.x psql code, but I would like the same version (8.4) that is running on the server. Although there are GUI tools out there, some of which I have loaded, I would like to run our standard SQL DBA scripts in more of a command line mode so we can pipe the output appropriately.

Appreciate any help in this.............
Thanks, Laura

This email and any attachments contained in this message may be privileged and confidential, protected from disclosure, and/or intended only for the individual or entity named above.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone.