PGCon 2013 - call for papers

From: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGCon 2013 - call for papers
Date: 2012-12-09 00:09:07
Lists: pgsql-announce

PGCon 2013 will be on 23-24 May 2013 at University of Ottawa.

This year, we are planning to have an un-conference day around PGCon.
This is currently being scheduled. More information on the
un-conference will be available within a few weeks.

NOTE: the un-conference day content will be set on the day by those turning up
on that day. We expect heavy attendance by developers and users of PostgreSQL.

We are now accepting proposals for the main part of the conference (23-24 May).
Proposals can be quite simple. We do not require academic-style papers.

If you are doing something interesting with PostgreSQL, please submit
a proposal. You might be one of the backend hackers or work on a
PostgreSQL related project and want to share your know-how with
others. You might be developing an interesting system using PostgreSQL
as the foundation. Perhaps you migrated from another database to
PostgreSQL and would like to share details. These, and other stories
are welcome. Both users and developers are encouraged to share their
experiences.

Here are a some ideas to jump start your proposal process:

- novel ways in which PostgreSQL is used
- migration of production systems from another database
- data warehousing
- tuning PostgreSQL for different work loads
- replication and clustering
- hacking the PostgreSQL code
- PostgreSQL derivatives and forks
- applications built around PostgreSQL
- benchmarking and performance engineering
- case studies
- location-aware and mapping software with PostGIS
- The latest PostgreSQL features and features in development
- research and teaching with PostgreSQL
- things the PostgreSQL project could do better
- integrating PostgreSQL with 3rd-party software

Both users and developers are encouraged to share their experiences.

The schedule is:

1 Dec 2012 Proposal acceptance begins
19 Jan 2013 Proposal acceptance ends
19 Feb 2013 Confirmation of accepted proposals

NOTE: the call for lightning talks will go out very close to the conference.
Do not submit lightning talks proposals until then.

See also <http://www.pgcon.org/2013/papers.php>

Instructions for submitting a proposal to PGCon 2013 are available
from: <http://www.pgcon.org/2013/submissions.php>

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org