Inserting data in other db

From: "Toff" <kristoff(dot)six(at)telenet(dot)be>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Inserting data in other db
Date: 2005-09-01 13:09:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I want to insert data from a table in a database to a table of another
database when the data is added in the first table, thus using a trigger on
the 1st table.
So, is there some way to acces a 2nd database within functions of the 1st
database? Or do I have to write an extrenal application to do the
datatransfer?
I know the copy from db and copy to db commands, but then the data cant be
automaticly inserted in the 2nd database..... as far as I know.

Kind regards,

Kristoff