Re: ODBC SQLSetPos Delete problem

From: Janet Borschowa <borschow(at)roguewave(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Lothar Behrens <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>
Subject: Re: ODBC SQLSetPos Delete problem
Date: 2004-09-15 16:14:22
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
I've used various versions of the PostgreSQL odbc driver on Windows and
Unix. I found that versions 7.2.1 to 7.2.2 will not crash but will give an
error when subsequently fetching a row after having deleted a row even
though the delete works OK. With versions 7.2.3 to 7.3.3 the program will
crash but this is not consistent depending on the table involved and what
platform the driver is on.

I think you're best bet is to either use a different version of the driver
although I don't know if this can work in your app, or better yet, do what
Philippe has suggested.

Good luck!

-- Janet