Re: Partitioning and deadlocks

From: "Brad King" <brad(dot)king(at)channeladvisor(dot)com>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Partitioning and deadlocks
Date: 2007-10-24 16:52:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thanks for the reply. I really want to have something generic to garbage
collect old data. This is pretty easy to do with re-writing check
constraints but much more verbose if you have drop and recreate rules,
since the column lists are different for each table. Also I have several
related tables to deal with, which adds to the fun. I think I will go
back to a non partitioned system at this point. I think the complexity
involved in the solution is not worth the gain over plain old delete.