How do I restore data changes made after the backup?

From: "Orr, Steve" <sorr(at)rightnow(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How do I restore data changes made after the backup?
Date: 2002-09-17 22:00:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

Newbie here...

How do I restore data changes made after the backup? I've been combing the
docs and the web site but I don't see anything on this. Given a backup taken
this morning, and a failure requiring a database restore, how do I restroe
the data that was added after the backup was taken this morning? Isn't there
any log files to apply to pg_restore? Does PostgreSQL have the ability to
restore to the point of failure so no transactions are lost? (Like Oracle?)
Is replication commonly used for this?

Please advise,
Steve Orr