Re: My brain hurts - update field based on value of ano

From: Ian(dot)Willis(at)csiro(dot)au
To: pmeloy(at)removethispart(dot)home(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: My brain hurts - update field based on value of ano
Date: 2001-09-27 21:40:29
Lists: pgsql-general

A way to increase read performance on tree like structure is to create a
table where the values in a single column are

This table is derived from the actual table through the use of triggers
however indexes should be able to be used when you are matching from left to
right to a point. Updates to the upper part of the tree do take a long time
to complete.

A table with the same structure can be also be used.