Re: Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist

From: "Larry Rosenman" <lrosenman(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <flyvholm(at)fys(dot)ku(dot)dk>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist
Date: 2006-02-01 16:56:44
Lists: pgsql-ports

Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Tom Lane wrote:

>>> It's not possible for any one person to do the legwork, but if
>>> several people would look to see what the story is on their
>>> platforms, we would have enough info to get started. We need to
>>> know which libraries actually get sucked in and some plausible
>>> exported names to test for each one.
>>>
>>> I'll report on HPUX, Linux, and OSX later today, if no one beats me
>>> to it.
>>
>> You want the Makefile.global LIBS line? On BSD/OS it is:
>>
>> LIBS = -lintl -lssl -lcrypto -lz -lreadline -ltermcap -lgetopt \
>> -lcompat -lipc -ldl -lm -lutil
>
> Uh, can't we pull this line from all the buildfarm members and just
> aggregate all the used libraries?

the issue is whether they actually export symbols that are NEEDED.

If someone can give me what to look for, I can cover the UnixWare case
(or give me a script
to run on 'firefly').

LER

--
Larry Rosenman
Database Support Engineer

PERVASIVE SOFTWARE. INC.
12365B RIATA TRACE PKWY
3015
AUSTIN TX 78727-6531

Tel: 512.231.6173
Fax: 512.231.6597
Email: Larry(dot)Rosenman(at)pervasive(dot)com
Web: www.pervasive.com