Re: problem with pg_dump

From: Jonatan Reiners <jreiners(at)encc(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with pg_dump
Date: 2012-07-31 12:55:05
Lists: pgsql-novice
Both are set to lc_monetary = 'de_DE.UTF-8'
Maybe they mean something different on both OSs or one installation is faulty and ignores this setting.

I think I will go the way and convert the value to numeric.

unfortunately this doesn't work
alter table bst alter summe set data type numeric(30,2) using summe::numeric;
Looks nice but:
ERROR:  cannot alter type of a column used by a view or rule
DETAIL:  rule _RETURN on view xb_buchversand_positionen depends on column "summe"

Is there a nice way for the stupid me to cascade the alteration?

Kind regards,
Jonatan

--
Jonatan Reiners