Slony-I installation error.

From: Theo Galanakis <Theo(dot)Galanakis(at)lonelyplanet(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Slony-I installation error.
Date: 2005-01-18 02:24:50
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi, I'm getting the following error when attempting to run the script
outlined in

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/genpage.php?howto_basic
<http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/slony1/genpage.php?howto_basic>

<stdin>:21: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR load '$libdir/xxid';  - ERROR:  could not
access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or directory
<stdin>:21: Error: the extension for the xxid data type cannot be loaded in
database 'dbname=pgbench host=localhost user=postgres'

I have complied postgres from scratch with the following options:

./configure --without-readline --prefix=/var/lib/pgsql2 --without-zlib
--enable-thread-safety

Then ran through the usual install procedure found in the INSTALL file.

Then compiled slony:
 ./configure --with-pgsourcetree=/home/theog/postgresql-7.4.5/
-- and installed as outlined in the above link.

It have condsidered the problem may be that I have two versions of postgres
on the server one is a standard linux redhat rpm install located in
/var/lib/pgsql/, and the other is the one I build from source located under
/var/lib/pgsql2/... However I'm only running "/var/lib/pgsql2/" at the time.
Could this be causing the issue? What should I be looking at?

This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee
and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright.  If you
have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete
it.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
use, copy or disclose its content to anyone.  You must not copy or
communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to
copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: gulyDate: 2005-01-18 06:04:27