Re: resend: Chinese sort order problem

From: Ren Weili <renweili(at)csvw(dot)com>
To: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: resend: Chinese sort order problem
Date: 2001-10-30 04:39:00
Lists: pgsql-general
hello Tatsuo,
thank you very much, your suggestion solved my problem now.
It can now "order by" with correct Chinese PinYin sort order. I am really
very happy.
Would you like to change the description in the Reference Manual for
Installation?
My Problem is a result following the Information in that Chapter, always
recompiling with "--enable-locale" for my locale support.
Maybe I have incorrect understand about the following:
	 --enable-locale :: for support locale language sort order
         and --enable-multibyte :: for multibyte character storing ?

So as a conclusion , when people want Chinese support in Postgres, he must
recompile the source,
with --enable-multibyte=EUC_CN, but without --enable-locale.

Thanks
Malix

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Chris DircksDate: 2001-10-30 04:39:33