postgresql crashing when loading too much data

From: "Pleyer, Walter" <Walter(dot)Pleyer(at)lfrz(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgresql crashing when loading too much data
Date: 2007-09-24 08:40:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi folks!

We experienced a major crash of our postgresql-DB, when we accidentalyl
loaded data in to a table until the last bit of the storage space was
used up.
After that it was impossible to restart the db to delete the table or
perform some sort of emergency action.
Are there ways to avoid this, maybe to automatically perform a rollback,
when this occurs, so that the db handles this situation gracefully and
keeps on running?

So long and thanks for all the help ;-)
Walter