Location: San Francisco
Data Warehouse Administrator
We aren't looking for an exact fit as most of the technologies deployed are new to the market.
As the data warehouse administrator you will be responsible for the protection, growth, performance and health of our business data. Making use of the business intelligence is one of our biggest initiatives for 2008. The data warehouse was recently deployed and is already receiving 1/2 billion entries per week. We are looking for someone with several years experience as a DBA and the desire to own the data warehouse as it grows. Although we have 4 pairs of mySQL databases in production, this position will primarily focus on the data warehouse.
* Act as principal database architect and as a primary technical resource for data warehouse reporting applications.
* work with Business Intelligence Analyst to turn questions into answers
* Monitor and take appropriate action to maintain integrity of the data warehouse databases including security and privacy issues.
* work with Engineering to develop ETL layer
* Evaluate existing database structures and recommend improvements.
* protect the integrity of the data, backups etc..
* migrate schema changes from staging to production warehouse
* suggest tuning and hardware changes to improve performance
* work with sysadmins to monitor health and performance
* 2 years experience working as a DBA with any mainstream database(oracle,DB2,Sybase,PostgreSQL,MySQL,MS SQL, etc.....)
* past experience working in a fast paced environment where you owned the data
* solid understanding of the ETL layer
* parallel PostgreSQL (Greenplum)
* pentaho business intelligence for reporting
* ETL layer is LAMP based
* database failure and recovery
* high-availability service
* database scalability
* performance optimization
* written communication
* attention to detail
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Mike Saunt||Date: 2008-02-28 22:24:24|
|Subject: Immediate PostgreSQL opportunity Surrey, UK|
|Previous:||From: Sproule, Emily A||Date: 2008-02-21 23:28:54|
|Subject: Data Modeler at Fred Hutchinson |