Problem seeing list of available tables in pgaccess

From: "Denis Grannell" <dgrannell(at)web(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem seeing list of available tables in pgaccess
Date: 2003-04-06 14:40:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help with the following:

I have a postgres 7.3.2 installation on Solaris9
which I want to access from Windows PCs using pgaccess
version  0.98.8.20030117.
The windows version is Windows2000 Professional/SP3.
The TclTk version on the PCs is V8.3 with cygwin.
Pgaccess runs up without errors, but I'm not able to
see any tables in the databases.
I can see Queries, Views, Reports, Usergroups etc.
If I select a query or a view and run it, it all works
fine. I can also create new queries and views, save them,
run them and they work perfectly, but if I select
"Tables" in the explorer pane nothing happens. No list
of tables, no error on the PC, no error in the postmaster
logfile, nothing.
If I access the Postgres server using the psql command
line tool from the PCs, then I can list and access the
tables without any problems whatsoever. I can also start
pgaccess directly on the Solaris machine and everything
works as you would expect, including listing the tables.
Very mysterious! Anyone have any tips about how to
troubleshoot something like this?

thanks,
Denis Grannell

| Denis Grannell, Kapuzinerstr. 45, 80469 Munich, Germany |
| Tel: +49 89 2013672                 Fax: +49 89 2022875 |

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: C. MajDate: 2003-04-07 18:47:08
Previous:From: Denis GrannellDate: 2003-04-06 13:29:04