Re: pg_restore error

From: "Curtis Mortensen" <shakiro2(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_restore error
Date: 2002-09-11 21:51:51
Lists: pgsql-novice
In case anyone else was following my problem and wanted to know how to
resolve it, I'll post what the solution was...

I had a bunch of '/connect user' commands in my dump file causing the ident
authentication errors.  I took those out and the plpgsql stuff that I didn't
need in the dump, and that restored everything fine to a new database,
except that none of my web applications could get in.  That was when i
realized that I'd left out the authorization stuff in pg_hba.conf.  When I
added that, everything worked great.