Re: BUG #5531: REGEXP_ REPLACE causes connection drop

From: ola sergatchov <ola_sergatchov(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #5531: REGEXP_ REPLACE causes connection drop
Date: 2010-07-01 17:58:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Sure.

Here is the copy from postgresql log from June 23:

ErrorContext: 8192 total in 1 blocks; 8176 free (0 chunks); 16 used
ERROR: out of memory
DETAIL: Failed on request of size 251049.
CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function "composite_statements_as_set" line 36 at assignment
SQL function "composite_statements_wrapper" statement 1
SQL function "dml_statements" statement 1
LOG: unexpected EOF on client connection

The 8.1.18 is used in our product and it is embedded in the production environment of our client. We are planning to upgrade to more recent release, but currently it is not possible.

Please let me know if you need any more help.