Django + Postgressql

From: Robert Dean <robbington(at)hotmail(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Django + Postgressql
Date: 2010-08-31 13:41:32
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi,

I seem to be having problems configuring Postgres with Django and was wondering if someone could help me as I cant find any tutorials that fit my problem.

First, I seem to be having issues with my postgres permissions/or understand them.

Trying to connect to a database in root I get "psql: FATAL:  role "root" does not exist"

Also after trying this I get:

postgres(at)myvps:/root$ psql -d template1 -c "ALTER USER postgres WITH PASSWORD 'mypassword';"
could not change directory to "/root"
ALTER ROLE
postgres(at)myvps:/root$ createdb mytestdb
could not change directory to "/root"
createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  source database "template1" is being accessed by other users
DETAIL:  There are 1 other session(s) using the database.

Can someone help me figure this out? Why can it not change directory to root and why is template1 being accesed by another user?

Thanks in advance

Rob

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: SUNDAY A. OLUTAYODate: 2010-08-31 14:12:03