Re: PIT Recovery of only certain database in the "cluster" ?

From: Dem Fra Hedehusene i Danmark <post_overalt(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql novice PostgreSQL forum support <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PIT Recovery of only certain database in the "cluster" ?
Date: 2011-03-11 15:31:33
Lists: pgsql-novice
Thanks Tom,

Pardon me this one additional Q since I'm used to SQLsrv/Oracle where this single db point in time restore would be quite easily done :
Is the thought behind this, that databases in a cluster will always be "dependent" on each other and therefore likely to require a recovery of all cluster databases to the same point in time, if requested by one of the "application database owners"  ?

So, one is forced to create "single database cluster" if we want to offer single database recovery, isolated from other running databases ?

/Brian