Join Scalability

From: Darryl Pye <darrylpye(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Join Scalability
Date: 2010-07-06 02:49:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi

Was wondering how/if postgres degrades as the number of tables joined increases.

I am looking at joining lots (from a few up to 100+) tables in a single query,
All tables will be joined on an indexed integer id,

I am not concerned about amount of data just if that too many joins may cause the planner problems or each join has additional
overhead etc

Regards,
Darryl

New, Used, Demo, Dealer or Private? Find it at CarPoint.com.au
http://clk.atdmt.com/NMN/go/206222968/direct/01/