Re: Leftover PID files

From: Seth Rubin <srubin(at)thoughtprocess(dot)com>
To: Richard Sydney-Smith <richard(at)ibisaustralia(dot)com>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Leftover PID files
Date: 2003-09-17 13:33:28
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

You basically need a command file to run at boot time. There are many ways
to do this. For example, I'm under WinXP, so I downloaded cygwin's init
module (which emulates system V init) and added the following to the /etc/rc
file that init runs at startup:

# Delete postgres sockets
chmod 777 /tmp/.s.PGSQL.*
rm -f /tmp/.s.PGSQL.*
# Delete Postgres PID file
chmod 777 /usr/share/postgresql/data/postmaster.pid
rm -f /usr/share/postgresql/data/postmaster.pid