Openlink ODBC drivers for Unix

From: "K Parker" <kparker(at)eudoramail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Openlink ODBC drivers for Unix
Date: 2000-08-01 02:10:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Help! Is there any recent, comprehensive information for getting the openlink ODBC drivers installed (i.e. something like a HOWTO) for Linux? The PostgreSQL site merely links to openlink, but the information there is uselessly vague and/or out of date. That is, installing the RPM plus the SDK install does _not_ produce something that remotely resembles the limited howto that they provide, nor is there any info on setting up the .INI file for PostgreSQL (the sample .ini file comes preconfigured for Oracle.) I _know_ my server install works with ODBC fine, because I can access the databases just fine from Access on my windows boxes.

Has anybody here ever actually done this? TIA!