Problem with pg_dump / pg_restore

From: "Armel HERVE" <ah(dot)pgsql(at)laposte(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem with pg_dump / pg_restore
Date: 2003-11-24 14:02:26
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Hi everybody,
I have a problem with dump / restore commands on PostgreSQL:
pg_dump doesn't care about objects dependencies:
	- I create a view V1 on a table and then another view V2 on the
same table
	- I modify V1 to use V2

pg_dump doesn't detect that V1 is using V2. So the command batch
generated contains in first the creation of the view V1 which uses V2
and then the creation on the view V2 and it's impossible to restore a
database with this generated file.

My question is : how can I use pg_dump / pg_restore to generate a good
backup file ?

Thanks for your answers (and sorry for my poor english!!!)

Armel

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Randolf RichardsonDate: 2003-11-24 22:54:51