Re: i want small information regarding postgres

From: Brent Dombrowski <brent(dot)dombrowski(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: i want small information regarding postgres
Date: 2012-01-02 19:13:49
Lists: pgsql-sql

On Jan 2, 2012, at 12:00 AM, Andreas Kretschmer wrote:

> vinodh chowdary <vinodchowdary9(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi sir,
>>
>> i am using postgres as database for my project.
>> i want to convert postgres data into excel sheet.
>> is there any way to do it?
>> please reply me.
>
> This should be possible with ODBC.
> (But i'm not familiar with it, don't ask me how ...)

I've used ODBC to generate Excel reports from PostgreSQL data in the past. It's fairly easy for simple queries. If your queries are complicated, you may have to execute them from a Visual Basic Macro. The MS query builder will try to check raw SQL and may reject your query because it's not that smart. In particular, I had trouble with stored procedures in my queries. If it is something that you plan on doing routinely, I would set up a macro and a keyboard shortcut or button so you can run the macro quickly and easily.