psqlodbc on hp-ux

From: "Jones, John" <jonesj(at)epbs(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psqlodbc on hp-ux
Date: 2006-08-30 00:16:23
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I'm trying to install psqlodbc-08.01.0200 on HP-UX 11iv1 but have had
trouble with the configure script.
A prior entry in the mailing list archives (from 10/14/05, titled "Problems
compiling odbc") had a very similar situation with two recommendations:
a) use an explicit --with-unixodbc option with configure, and b) install the
development package for the driver manager.

Following the first suggestion helped but I still have the error message
below.  The development package for unixodbc appears to be available only as
an rpm, whereas I would need source code to compile on HP-UX.  I've gone
through the same procedure with iodbc instead of unixodbc, with the same

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to how to get around this problem.
Thanks so much,
John Jones

# ./configure --prefix=/opt/psqlODBC --enable-gui=no --sysconfdir=/etc
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... no
checking for awk... awk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for SQLGetPrivateProfileString in -lodbcinst... no
configure: error: unixODBC driver manager not found

pgsql-odbc by date