Re: Maybe this will help, maybe it won't

From: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Maybe this will help, maybe it won't
Date: 2008-01-25 20:49:13
Lists: pgeu-general
On Jan 25, 2008, at 9:01 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was talking with a peer about the particular PGEU problem that I am
> currently arguing on the following thread:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgeu-general/2008-01/msg00128.php
>
> I wanted to see if I could explain my position outside of the
> thread to
> allow the thread to stay productive.

I am not sure if this all increases productivity here ...

> I am aware that there are variable levels of cultural idioms in all
> countries. Americans have theirs, Canadians, Germans... all of them.
> Whenever I make a comment about the succinct nature of PeterE's
> derogatory, it's a statement of a particular cultural perspective.

I know Peter personally and I just wanted to mention one thing: Peter
is one of the most experienced PostgreSQL hackers out there.
I can only point out that Peter's postings are based on facts and
that he is doing good work - in fact he has been contributing to the
project more than many others on the list and he has done so for many
years.
He is a man of code - I wish we had more of those people.

Personally I think it makes absolutely no sense to open this
discussion here and it does not bring us anywhere.
Don't take it personal but in my opinion this is a totally useless
discussion.
I cannot see what this thread might be good for ...

	best regards,

		Hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH