pgAdmin/ODBC errors.

From: "Contejean, TiJana" <tijana(dot)contejean(at)wcg(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgAdmin/ODBC errors.
Date: 2001-08-24 21:01:34
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello I am trying to install pgAdmin on my desktop. I am currently running
Windows NT. I am accessing my server through a gui called putty.exe. My
server is running PostgreSQL on top of Linux. The problem I am having is, I
am not able to log onto pgAdmin. I keep an error of Error:-2147467259
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified Function:frmODBCLogon, cmdOK_Click.
I'm not sure of the exact error, but I think it is stating that I need to
install the ODBC Driver for Postgres. I have already installed the Windows
installer, and have also installed pgAdmin on my desktop, but I am unable to
connect. At the login screen it has my username already in memory, but my
network password will not go thru. Also, if I try to add a new dsn, it
errors out saying not sufficient data. What am I doing wrong. All I want to
do is be able to use pgAdmin, and learn about it. I have tried all different
methods for downloading and nothing is working.
Also, your ftp site no longer allows you to connect anonymously, and I don't
see anywhere to become assesible.
Please help.
Thank you,
TiJana