Re: PGSQL-WINDOWS mailing list?

From: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Date: 2004-08-13 08:57:26
Lists: pgsql-www

On Aug 13, 2004, at 4:13 PM, Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

Would it make sense to trim the faqs a bit? There's a lot of
information in there, and people might be hesitant to dive into them.
Of course, they *should* look at the faq, as there's a lot of good
stuff in there, but then again, people should read the docs too.

Also, if you subscribe via the web interface, there's a link to view
the faq, even before you subscribe. However, there are currently no
faqs for the lists. This is a pretty visible place where people have
the opportunity to read the faq, and often they're joining the list
because they have a question. Perhaps we could head them off a few
questions there?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com