Re: psql COPY with JDBC

From: "Guy Rouillier" <guyr(at)masergy(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql COPY with JDBC
Date: 2006-04-04 00:13:26
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Christopher Condit wrote:
> Yes, that's true, but isn't it significantly faster to use the bulk
> loader for many records.

That all depends, are you including the time to customize and maintain
the code?  The INSERT method will work without changing any driver code.
I dumped an Oracle database using ora2pg, which generates INSERT
statements, and I inserted 8 million rows fairly fast on mediocre
hardware (dual 1 GHz Pentium III).

--
Guy Rouillier

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Pavan KumarDate: 2006-04-04 09:04:29