Re: BUG #6260: not accept password

From: Sachin Srivastava <sachin(dot)srivastava(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Ric Eittreim <ric(at)groundtruth(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6260: not accept password
Date: 2011-10-18 05:38:21
Lists: pgsql-bugs
[Please reply to the list]
On Oct 18, 2011, at 10:45 AM, Ric Eittreim wrote:

> Hello Sachin - I have tried that and appreciate the suggestion - just did
> not work.  When I did the install, I remember twice it asked for a name,
> both times I gave the same one (4 characters) - so now I'm wondering if
> the system asks automatically for a password (now I'm questioning my
> memory of the install process a few hours ago) - I have done so many
> iterations of trying to get this working I have myself completely
> confused.  What I would like to do is start over, delete that account and
> setup a new one but I cannot even get to the psql prompt as it requiresÅ .
> A password!

You can change the authentication mode to trust in your pg_hba.conf file (which is located inside the PGDATA directory). After this you need to reload the server.
You wont be asked a password this time. Log in and the change the password of the user using ALTER ROLE (see http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-alterrole.html)
Then you can change the authentication settings back and use the changed password.

--
Regards,
Sachin Srivastava
EnterpriseDB, the Enterprise PostgreSQL company.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Vishnu S.Date: 2011-10-18 06:05:11