Re: What Would You Like To Do?

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: What Would You Like To Do?
Date: 2011-09-13 21:31:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 8:21 AM, David E. Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>wrote:

> So, what do you want to work on? Let me know, I'll do as much match-making
> at the conference as I can.

Here is my list:
* Additional approximate string matching functions and index access for them
using gin/gist/spgist.
* Signature indexing with gist/spgist in various fields. For example,
indexing of image signatures with similar images retreival.
* Statistics collection and selectivity estimation for geometric datatypes.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.