Re: WIP: Fast GiST index build

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: Fast GiST index build
Date: 2011-07-27 12:29:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I found a problem in WAL with this patch. I use simplified insert algorithm
in my patch which don't insert downlink one by one but insert them at once.
Thus FollowRight flag is leaving uncleared when redoing from WAL, because
only one flag can be cleared by one WAL record. Do you think modification of
WAL record structure is possible or I have to insert downlink one by one in
buffering build too?

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.