Re: WIP: Fast GiST index build

From: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP: Fast GiST index build
Date: 2011-07-28 20:57:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 9:24 PM, Heikki Linnakangas <
heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Let me know if you have questions on the approach taken.

I realized that approach which comes as replace to loaded-subtrees keeping
is unclear to me. We save paths between node buffers. But those paths can
become invalid on page splits. It seems to me that approximately same volume
of code for maintaining parent links should be added to this version of
patch in order to get it working correctly.

------
With best regards,
Alexander Korotkov.