Behaviour of sql language function

From: Marcelo Sena <marceloslacerda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Behaviour of sql language function
Date: 2012-04-26 19:45:40
Lists: pgsql-docs
Hi all I noticed the following beaviour, if a command in a sql function
fails the other statements fail like if the entire function where
surrounded by a begin-commit block. While I find this behaviour nice, as
far as I could find, this behaviour is not documented[1]. I wished to
create a function that depends on such way of working but I cannot trust
that sql functions will continue to work that way on the next postgresql
versions.

So, is it documented somewhere?

I'm linking to a pastebin file that exemplifies the behaviour.

[1] - http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-createfunction.html
[2] - http://pastebin.com/LWfFgH7L
--
Marcelo Lacerda