Re: Update actions (with user name) inside PostgreSQL DB - any version on postgreSQL

From: David Ondrejik <david(dot)ondrejik(at)noaa(dot)gov>
To: Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>
Cc: Robin Iddon <robin(at)edesix(dot)com>, Khangelani Gama <kgama(at)argility(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update actions (with user name) inside PostgreSQL DB - any version on postgreSQL
Date: 2012-03-14 15:28:35
Lists: pgsql-admin

*Sure, you mean like this command:

sudo su root

???*

Luckily...that option will fail using sudo...and it will be logged that it
was attempted. I see where you are going with this Scott and there is an
option that will work to give you a root shell, but I don't want to
advertise that. That unadvertised command...if issued...would also
be logged and lists the userid of the person who used the command. So there
is some trail to track back to the original user.

Dave

--
Dave Ondrejik - Senior Hydrologist
National Weather Service