Re: Temporary tables under hot standby

From: Michael Nolan <htfoot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Temporary tables under hot standby
Date: 2012-05-02 15:39:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers
What is the use case for temporary tables on a hot standby server?

Perhaps this is a noobie question, but it seems to me that a hot standby
server's use by* applications* or *users* should be limited to transactions
that don't alter the database in any form.

However, I can see where temporary tables might be needed at the system
level (if not already available) in order to prepare more efficient plans
for some complex read-only queries.
--
Mike Nolan