Re: Website

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>, "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Website
Date: 2011-07-19 08:38:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

2011/7/19 Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 8:47 AM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> >
> > Still not convinced. I prefer the orange than the red. But, actually, I
> > don't really see how this design is any better than the old one. Not
> > that I really like the old one, but I don't see what the new design
> > really offers to justify the change. Smaller font? never saw someone
> > complaining about it.
>
> On my Mac running Chrome, the orange headers actually look smaller
> than that lower-level headers below them/
>
> Honestly, I think the best bet would be a full redesign. A move to
> Django would probably be good too, but that's certainly not a
> requirement for an update!

I suggested a small refresh of the page, therefore I made just small changes
so the page looks polished. I didn't promised a big change.
A redesign would surely be the best, for me this implies a relaunch of the
"brand" pgAdmin.

@Guillaume: I never saw somebody complaining about google, but they did a
redesign. Because of marketing reasons, it's important to do this from time
to time.