Re: Website

From: Jasmin Dizdarevic <jasmin(dot)dizdarevic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Website
Date: 2011-07-17 13:59:06
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

2011/7/17 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>

> On Sun, 2011-07-17 at 12:50 +0200, Jasmin Dizdarevic wrote:
> >

> > 2011/7/17 Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
> > On Saturday, July 16, 2011, Guillaume Lelarge
> > <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> > website. The
> > try it?
> > >>

> > > Hmmm, I don't know what Dave would think of that. It won't
> > harm to at
> > > least try :)
> > >

> > A refresh wouldn't hurt - suggestions for replacements are
> > definitely
> > welcome, though, certainly not guaranteed to be accepted
> > without much
> > discussion and revision (and likely a fair amount of bike
> > shedding).
> >
> > That's understandable and welcome. Here is the proposal:
> >

> > 1. I've added some contrast color (red) to the page so that it doesn't
> > look so monotone
>
> I don't really like it. Sure, it doesn't look monotone, but it doesn't
> look good at all. It's just too much red.

if we reduce borders, it shouldn't be to much (see P5)
Dave, could you send me the elephant as a single picture - best would be the
elephant and a transparent background?
And the font of "pgAdmin" on the top. I could do a little bit more if i got
these things.

> > 2. refreshed the navigation bar
>
> I find it a bit better.
>
> > 3. removed the web-search buttons in the right corner and moved the
> > language selection
>
> That part is really a good idea.
>
> > 4. decreased the font
> > 5. borders
>
> You mean the red border or the shadow? Anyway, I don't like both. It
> doesn't look good in a big monitor. I much prefer when the website take
> all the space available.

the 100% full space websites aren't really common nowadays (see github.com,
postgresql.org, and much much more), so i think we shouldn't keep it.
you're right, the border doesn't look very well, it could be more elegant.