Re: not fetching all query results

From: Maciek Sakrejda <m(dot)sakrejda(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Radim Kolar <hsn(at)filez(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: not fetching all query results
Date: 2012-08-02 05:08:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 7:38 AM, Radim Kolar <hsn(at)filez(dot)com> wrote:

>> So are you contributing that code to JDBC ?
>
> In what ways it will benefit me? You keep telling me: if you need it do it
> yourself. I did. Currently i have statement timeout implemented as well, it
> was trivial.

Unless this is some secret sauce for a billion dollar startup, why
would you want to maintain this code yourself? Why make the choice
between having to rebase your patches every new release or falling
behind community fixes and features? Why track your packaging
separately from official versions? This sounds like a lot of work for
not much practical benefit.