Re: Autosave in the SQL Editor

From: Vinicius Santos <vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Autosave in the SQL Editor
Date: 2012-08-07 21:20:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
> Well, this seems good but there's an issue I don't know how you want to
> deal with it: what's happens if I had more than one window opened?

I'm saving a file for each window.
Each window have a private variable called "fileNameAutoSave"

The query is salved from time-to-time. As configuration.

> IOW,
> how do you decide which file you should open? if there is more than one
> file, and some files were open on different databases, how will you
> handle this?

I had thought about putting the information in the file name. For example:
"server_port_database_date_time.pga".
The date and time are saved in the creation of frmQuery.

We can save it in the file header too. We put this information in the first
line. And we put another name for the file.

When there are more than one file, we asked for user, if he wants to open
all of them.
Of course we will open only the files that database.

What do you think?

PS: Forgive my English. I'm learning english, and I'm using a little the
Google Translate.