SSH Tunneling implementation

From: Akshay Joshi <akshay(dot)joshi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SSH Tunneling implementation
Date: 2012-07-05 13:07:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi All

I have implemented SSH tunneling using *libssh2* library and added the
logic into pgAdmin3. With current implementation SSH tunnel will be created
using password as authentication mode. I'll work on the certificate based
authentication. I have attached two patch files 1) SSHTunnel.patch
2) vcxproj.patch (Only for Windows).

Below are the steps to build pgadmin

- Download libssh2 source code from http://www.libssh2.org/

On Windows:-

- Compile libssh2 library on Windows
- "libssh2.dsw" file is available in win32 folder.
- Specify path of the OpenSSL's include folder in
"Properties->C++->General->Additional Include Directories"
- Specify path of the OpenSSL and Zlib's lib folder in
"Properties->Linker->General->Additional Library Directories"
- Create new environment variable LIBSSH2 and set the path of the
libssh2 folder.
- Compile pgAdmin3.

On Linux:-

- To compile libssh2 run ./configure, make and make install.
- Compile pgAdmin3.

Please review the patch and let me know the review comments.

--
*Akshay Joshi
Senior Software Engineer

Attachment Content-Type Size
SSHTunnel.patch application/octet-stream 44.3 KB
vcxproj.patch application/octet-stream 14.0 KB